PERSONAL INJURY LAW FIRM
Basch & Keegan is an injury-only boutique law firm representing accident and personal injury victims throughout Ulster County and the Hudson Valley. We often take on tough cases, and capably handle complex matters. With us – unlike at a large corporate firm – you’ll always work with an actual lawyer, and not just a case manager.
We’re a Personal Injury-Only Law Firm
Representing Hudson Valley Accident Victims
If you or someone you love has been hurt because of another person’s negligence, recklessness, or illegal conduct, you shouldn’t have to bear the costs of your recovery out of your own pocket. Personal injury claims seek to compensate accident victims for economic damages – such as medical expenses, property damage, and lost wages. This also includes non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and mental anguish.
A wide range of incidents and circumstances may give rise to a personal injury claim, including, but not limited to:
Accidents caused by negligence should never have happened.
While some personal injury claims are based on another person’s recklessness or intentional wrongdoing, most injury lawsuits are based on a theory of negligence. For purposes of legal claims, in general, negligence is when a person or entity breaches a duty they owe to you as the consumer. For example, the duty to drive safely or the duty to maintain a safe environment for shoppers and restaurant diners.
To have a successful legal claim for negligence, there must be an injury or damages, and someone must have committed a negligent act. The negligent act may be a positive act, such as rear-ending another driver, or an act of omission, such as a dog owner failing to protect people from a dog’s aggressive behavior.
There are also types of professional negligence – such as medical malpractice, dental malpractice, and nursing home neglect – which may give rise to personal injury claim. In other cases, negligence in manufacturing, producing, and distributing safe products to consumers may lead to a product liability claim.
Don’t wait. Call us NOW!
At Basch & Keegan, our goal is to help our clients obtain maximum recovery for personal injuries, while providing exceptional service at every stage of the legal proceedings. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident in Greene, Dutchess, Ulster, or another surrounding county, please contact us for a free initial consultation. When necessary, we will travel to your home or hospital room to meet with you..
Related Blog Posts
- John DeGasperis Obtains $570k For Trip & Fall Victim Following Six-Day Trial
- Basch and Keegan Obtains Settlement for Car Accident Victim Whose Child Had Birth Defects
- John DeGasperis on Radio Kingston’s La Voz
- Slipping On Ice Can Cause Life Altering Injuries
- Injured Cyclist Obtains Justice Through Arbitration Award
- Dog Bite Victim Gets Compensated for Permanent Injuries
- If You Don’t Look Twice – You Might Miss A Motorcyclist!
- Handling Accidents Correctly. Would you know what to do?
- 3 Most Important Steps To Take if You Slip and Fall on Ice This Winter
- Planet Fitness Violates Public Health Law Resulting in Montgomery County Man’s Death