MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS
The Kingston Personal Injury lawyers at Basch & Keegan represent victims who have been in a motorcycle accident in the Hudson Valley. Our work is dedicated to helping injury victims receive fair compensation from insurance companies and at-fault parties after an accident – and we won’t hesitate to go to trial to get excellent results for our clients.
Motorcycle accidents often result in serious injuries for riders.
Motorcyclists have the same rights and privileges as other motorists – but too often, car and truck drivers fail to properly share the road with motorcycles. Add heavy traffic, road construction, or poor weather conditions, and motorcyclists face significant risk of an accident and injury every time they get on their bikes. When collisions do occur, riders have minimal protection and often suffer serious injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury (SCI), nerve damage, and/or paralysis
- Broken bones and fractures
- Soft tissue damage (commonly called “road rash”)
- Facial disfigurement
With these types of life-impacting injuries, losses often go far beyond present medical costs. You may be facing long-term medical expenses, significant time away from work, long-term disability, and lost quality of life.
We thoroughly investigate the causes of each and every motorcycle accident.
At Basch & Keegan, we support the right of motorcyclists to safely share the road with other drivers, and we will work hard to see that you are compensated for all of your damages. This means conducting a thorough investigation of the circumstances that led to your accident. Common causes of a motorcycle accident may include:
- Car and truck drivers turning into a motorcyclist’s lane, violating his or her right-of-way
- Car and truck drivers failing to yield to motorcyclists at highway on and off ramps
- Distracted driving, such as cell phone use and texting
- Undivided highways
- Poor road conditions, such as potholes, debris, and uneven pavement
- Defective helmets and other motorcycle equipment or components
Once we determine how your accident occurred, we can begin preparing your case to ensure maximum settlement offers from all liable parties. The sooner we start gathering evidence to support your claim, the better chance we have of achieving the result you need and deserve.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a motorcycle accident, contact us for immediate assistance. During a free consultation at our offices or your home or hospital room, we will discuss your rights, options, and the best way to pursue compensation for your injuries.