KINGSTON MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ATTORNEYS
When you are sick or injured, you expect to receive appropriate treatment and proper diagnoses from knowledgeable and well-trained physicians and hospital staff. Unfortunately, physicians and hospitals sometimes make unacceptable oversights and mistakes. At Basch & Keegan, we help injured patients throughout the Hudson Valley recover compensation in medical malpractice lawsuits.
Doctors have a duty to provide competent treatment.
Healthcare professionals have a duty to provide treatment that meets the professional standard of care in their communities. When they fail to do so, they may be liable to injured patients and their families. A medical malpractice claim is a legal action brought against a doctor, surgeon, or other healthcare provider for injuries or death caused by negligent or incorrect care.
Our attorneys have extensive experience representing clients in malpractice claims arising from a wide range of medical mistakes, including, but not limited to:
- Birth injuries and delivery mistakes causing birth trauma
- Operating on the wrong body part
- Leaving foreign objects or instruments in a patient after surgery
- Errors in administering anesthesia
- Failure to diagnose or the misdiagnosis of a medical condition
- Improper or inadequate treatment of a medical condition
- Unreasonable delay in treatment
- Failure to fully inform a patient of the risks of treatment
- Prescribing the wrong medication or wrong dosage of medication
We understand that being the victim of medical malpractice is a traumatic experience, especially when the person or facility you entrusted with your health did you harm. We will do everything we can to help you obtain compensation. Please see our birth injuries and nursing home neglect and abuse pages for more information about these specific medical claims.
Hospitals may be vicariously liable for employee mistakes.
Patients and their families rely on a hospital’s expertise in hiring nurses and other staff, and in choosing the physicians who have privileges in their facilities. When a hospital’s doctors, nurses, or staff members cause harm to patients, the hospital may be held vicariously liable for their mistakes. Hospitals also supply doctors with medical equipment and supplies – such as gloves, surgical instruments, and medical devices – and may be liable when contamination of any of this equipment contributes to patient injuries.
Don’t wait. Call us NOW!
If you feel that you or someone you love has been the victim of medical malpractice, please contact Basch & Keegan today for a free consultation. We will meet with you in your home or hospital room if you are unable to come to our offices.
Related Blog Posts
- Birth Defect Awareness Month
- Basch & Keegan Settles Multi-Million Dollar Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
- Rule Allows Residents & Families to Sue Nursing Homes for Abuse & Neglect
- A Big Win for The Rights of the Elderly & Their Families
- Antipsychotic Drug Use in Nursing Homes Can Be Unnecessary and Dangerous
- Revised Rating System of Nursing Homes Causes Local Facilities’ Ratings to Fall